To blog or not to blog?

The question was asked by Corinne on a Facebook study site – who will continue to blog when this subject is over?  I think there were a few groans, from me in particular as studying over Xmas has taken its toll and I haven’t had a decent break for a year.  The thought of more time spent staring at this screen is too painful to imagine.

So I googled ‘why people blog’ and found many answers – religious reasons, social connections, personal journals, business expertise… the list goes on.

The reasons most people blog it seems is to give themselves a voice.  A blog is a tool which can do this.

Well.. I have liked having a voice and I also have enjoyed other’s voices through blogging so after my break I might just find I will continue to blog. You never know? After all there is something to be said for the difference in wanting to and having to be a blogger.

9 thoughts on “To blog or not to blog?

1. Pingback: Learning Journal - Last week of blogging

2. Pingback: Will you keep blogging? | Mr Cumners ICT Learning Journey

3. Pingback: Drury Lane School Teacher - Final Blog…..For now.

4. Hi Karen,
    I can certainly feel your pain and understand your need for a break. Studying over Christmas is such hard work and takes alot of dertermination!! I hope you manage to have a break in between semesters and read a book that doesn’t have the word TEXT in front of it. I think I will enjoy blogging more when I know I can blog about things of interest and not have to worry that I’m ticking all the boxes for each assessment piece. I wish you all the best as this subject draws to a close.

5. I am really excited to try blogging in a classroom environment. It has been hard at times blogging for uni but it has been great to read how others have been using the blogs and the wonderful new tools they have used, seen used or even heard through the grapevine.
    I think I will keep my blogging going, just maybe not every week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Karen. 🙂

6. Pingback: Mrs Morgans Adventures with ICTs. » Blog Archive » My blogging future.

7. Pingback: EDC3100 ICT & Pedagogy - Assignment 3